Wednesday 5 September 2018

August Reading Wrap-up

Time for my monthly book summary, I'm a few days late of posting this one and I'm disappointed that the last book has broken my train of 5/5 stars.

I managed to read 7 books in August and I'm a third through another - so I'll include that one in next month's wrap up.

1) Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton ★★★★★ I got this in a previous Fairyloot box, but hadn't got round to reading yet and I don't know why I left it so long. I absolutely adored this book and I managed to stick to the buddy read on this one. Review here

2) Leah On The Offbeat by Becky Albertalli ★★★★ I fell in love with this book. I had already loved Simon, but I loved this one more, because I related to Leah a lot more. Review here

3) City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★ This is actually a re-read, I originally read this series a few years ago but I'm currently buddy reading with three people who have not previously read the series.

4) Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett ★★★ Another previous Fairyloot book and again I buddy read this. However, I was guilty of reading ahead and finishing the book before the other book club members... oops.

5) Are We All Lemmings & Snowflakes by Holly Bourne ★★ I finished this a few weeks ago and I still cannot stop raving about how amazing this book is. I think this book is so important for everyone, especially for those who suffer with mental health issues. Review here

6) To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo  This book was on my shelf for months and I only got round to reading after meeting the amazing author at YALC. I'm annoyed at myself for not reading this sooner, I fell in love with the two main characters, Lira and Elian, almost instantly. 

7) The Lost Witch by Melvin Burgess  I was disgusted with this book, it is the first Book Box Club book which I've disliked. I think the whole book was poorly written and the topics in the book were not handled properly with no trigger warning whatsoever; grooming, abuse and victim blaming were just some of the issues with this book.


I'll be going away for a week with my book club girls in September, so hopefully that'll help tackle my TBR.


No comments:

Post a Comment