Monday 25 January 2016

Healthiest Recipe I Own.

So I found a recipe for a soup called the Cabbage Fat-Burning soup and honestly if you are trying to lose weight or just be healthier in general then I recommend this soup. Plus it tastes amazing. I found this recipe last year and gave it ago but I think I over-did eating it (by that I mean I was eating it for lunch 5 days a week, every week) and I slowly became bored of it. I took a few months break from eating this particular soup and last week I made a new batch and its safe to say the boredom with this was not permanent, yay!

Now I have made a few changes to the original recipe here is the actual recipe if you want to check that out.

So I use the below ingredients to make this soup:


  • 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 3 onions, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cans of chopped tomatoes with the liquid
  • 1 large cabbage, chopped
  • 1 can cut green beans, drained
  • 2 red or yellow peppers, diced
  • 1 can beef broth (scotch broth works too)
  • 2 vegetable stock cubes 

So I basically peel and chop the onions, carrots, peppers and cabbage put it all in a large saucepan, drain the green beans and add those, then empty the contents of the two cans of tomatoes plus the can of scotch broth. Drop in the two stock cubes, fill the saucepan with enough water to cover the contents and stick on a medium heat.

The recipe actually says to cook for 25 minutes but I cook on a medium heat until it is boiling then turn down to low and simmer for about an hour.
Take off the heat, separate everything out into individual containers, this batch I actually only used 1 can of tomatoes and I did over-fill a few of the containers so I only got 6 out of this. Usually I can get 7 or 8 containers from a batch of this soup.
Leave to cool then I pop mine in the freezer. The day before I'm going to have one for lunch I just take one out of the freezer and put it in the fridge so it's defrosted in time for lunch.
The great thing about this is not only is each container only about 80 calories but once they're defrosted they only take 2 to 3 minutes to warm up in the microwave - perfect for a work lunch.

If you have any recipes you love, send me a link in the comments and if I like the sound of it I will try it out and let you know what I think of it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment