Saturday 15 October 2016

Makeup Obsession Brand Launch Event



So Victoria and myself were lucky enough to bag ourselves invites to the launch event for Tam Beauty'a newest brand, Makeup Obsession. As you may already know Makeup Revolution and Freedom are both in my top 3 where make up brands are concerned, so it's safe to say when I found out about this new brand I was very excited.

The brand itself is a lot more personal towards each individual person as it lets you build your own palette. I find a lot of the time with my palettes that there will always be shades that I don't use and it's frustrating because who wants to buy a palette only to use five of the ten shades? Makeup Obsession however is all you. Below I've added a picture of the leaflet we were given in our little gift bags explaining more about the brand.


Now on to the event itself, it was held at the Conde Nast college around the corner from Tottenham Court Road station and it was a very intimate event which really helped calm my anxiety. They had a table to the right with food and drink (including mini cupcakes iced in the colours of some of the eyeshadows) then to the left was a table where you could have your nails painted (again in some of the colours of the eyeshadow shades), I didn't have my nails painted because I have a bad habit of picking my nails so painting them is extremely difficult due to how short they are, oops.




Now to the fun part where we got to choosing our palette, there were a few different options, we could choose either a 6 or 12 palette and then we picked whichever eyeshadows, highlighters, blushers and contours from the stands. I picked out the white 12 shade palette, picked up my little basket and then begun my hard decision of choosing which shades I wanted for my palette. After about half an hour of going back and forth among the colour I finally chose my 12 shades. I picked out 10 eyeshadows and 2 highlighters, however, there were a few swaps and changes when choosing.

 


Next was the fun part of put the shades into the palette and decorating the palette with the cute as hell stickers that had been placed on the table. I decided to have my two highlighters to the left side of the palette and the eyeshadows starting with the lighter colours and down to the darker colours. Then for the stickers on the casing I used two star stickers for the top corners along with hashtag signs and my name spelt out between with a eyeshadow brush underneath it. To finish I added an eye sticker to the bottom right corner.



We took full advantage of the selfie light ring that was next to the table, but I'll spare you all the pictures and just put a couple below, there was also a DJ for the event. I cannot remember any particular songs that were played but as background noise it was perfect for helping to keep the atmosphere of the room. Probably my favourite part of the night was having the opportunity to meet the man himself, Mister Makeup Adam Minto, shockingly we didn't fan girl and not shockingly it took us both ages to work up the courage to approach him to speak to him (thanks again anxiety). Eventually we got speaking to him and he is one of the most genuinely nice people I have met and we ended up chatting to him for about 15 minutes (I think, it may have been longer).

        



Unfortunately we did have to leave the event shortly after as Victoria had a coach to catch back up to Leeds and I had a Starbucks calling to be drunk on my way home. The next day however we received emails inviting us to the I Am Freedom final/Halloween party which we are both ridiculously excited for. 

Left picture is without flash and right picture is with the flash
Top row colour from L to R are: Lucky Charm, Scene, Cosmo and Moon
Middle row colour from L to R are: Ibiza, Precious Metal, Emerald Fizz and Pearl
Bottom row colour from L to R are: New York, Hypnotic, Metal and Treasure


 But now for the swatches all left pictures without flash, right pictures with flash....





I'd like to finish this post with a beautiful (hahahahaha) picture Victoria took of me when i was least expecting it.












2 comments:

  1. What a great article! Your writing skills are amazing - it felt like I was right beside you at the event. I'm in Canada so I'm unable to buy these stunning products, but I suspect Adam will add this brand to the international TAM website soon. I'm obsessed with the beauty of the palettes and the refills.

    @joannej_1974

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) it was a very fun event. Also I really hope it becomes available for you soon, I especially recommend the Moon highlighter.
    Everything is so beautiful and the pigmentation of all the products are amazing

    ReplyDelete