Monday 23 October 2017

London Film and Comic Con - July '17

I did mention in my last blog post (in August, I'm sorry) that I would be writing a post about LFCC and here it is.


So the 29th and 30th July 2017 was the most amazing (and most expensive) weekend in my 24 years of life. I went to London Film and Comic Con; on the Saturday I went with my mum and on the Sunday I went with two friends, my nephew's dad (who is like a second brother to me) and his daughter. 

Saturday
First off I met Joe Dinicol who plays Rory in Arrow, I didn't have a photoshoot booked with him but did want an autograph and because it was early and not many people around he was more than happy to get a selfie with me.

Next up we headed upstairs to YALC so I could meet an amazing author called Alice Broadway. If you don't know who she is then let me introduce you to a book called Ink, its the first book in a trilogy where everything you do and every significant moment in your life is tattooed onto your skin - there is a lot more but I don't want to give away the story but read it, I love it and anyway I met Alice and she is one of the loveliest people I have ever met, we chatted for a while, she signed mine, Leigh's and Victoria's copies of Ink then we got a selfie and I had to go so the others in the line could meet her too.

After meeting Alice we headed to the photo shoot area for my first and my mum's only photoshoot of the day which was Bernard Cribbins; who played Wilfred in Doctor Who as well being the narrator of The Wombles. 

After our photos with Bernard we had a little time before the remainder of my photo shoots so we grabbed some food (note: always take your own food to cons unless you want to take out a loan to pay for lunch... slight exaggeration there but it is expensive there) after we had eaten we wandered around the stalls, I bought a few more Pop Vinyls for myself as well as buying a few little goodies for my nephews as well. We managed to get a cheeky glimpse of Dean Cain while he was signing autographs and I got an autograph from Michael Rosenbaum (who is hilarious and was lovely enough to let my mum take a sneaky photo of us at the table, unfortunately my mum in her starstruck state forgot to zoom out *facepalm*)


That was the end of my relaxing day as I had six more photo shoots to cram in which involved a lot of running around the venue to and from different booths. There was James and Oliver Phelps, Daniel Portman, Sean Biggerstaff, Finn Jones, Natalie Dormer then Benedict Cumberbatch. I also met some awesome people while in the queues for James and Oliver as well as Sean and Benedict.







Sunday
After a stressful journey which involved one train not running then the website telling us the wrong way and us having to figure out another route we finally got to the venue. On my way to my first photo shoot I noticed that there was no queue for Gemma Whelan so I got a quick autograph and chat before I had to rush over to the booths for my picture with Alyson Hannigan. Now I've met a few celebrities in my time but none have got me struggling to stay calm as much as Alyson did. It may be because she was the first woman I was ever attracted to, which is hilarious because Willow turned out to be not completely straight.


For the couple of hours before my next few photo shoots I met Kristian Nairn and got an autograph from him for my sister then I bought more Pop Vinyls, got autographs from Nicola Bryant and Matthew Waterhouse for my dad (plus got a picture at the table with Matthew) and wandered around until it was time for my photo with David Bradley, then we headed up to YALC to meet Sara Barnard and get our books signed. I got A Quiet Kind of Thunder signed which is a beautifully written story which you should definitely go and read.


My last two photo shoots were with Mark Williams and Nicola Bryant who were amazing, a girl a little in front of me for Mark got him to hold a rubber duck in their photo (if you don't get why that's brilliant we can't be friends). While me and Leigh were waiting for Jenny to have her last photo shoot we could hear Steven Yeun and Emily Kinney beginning The Walking Dead talk which was pretty cool.



Across the weekend I also got a few other pictures as well as walking past Matt Lucas which was unexpected.



And can't forget the Pop Vinyls I bought myself, plus the amazing books (and bag) I got at YALC on the Sunday when the prices go down. Being patient can be a very good thing sometimes.





Until next year... which I have already started planning


























2 comments:

  1. I love your LFCC photos :) a tough question for you... who was your favourite meet? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and oh that is a tough question but I think it was Alyson Hannigan, I’ve loved her since I first started watching Buffy, which was about 16 years ago :D

      Delete