Wednesday 26 September 2018

How a book box subscription has changed my life

So at the beginning of September 2017 I signed up for a Book Box Club subscription, I had never even heard of book boxes until just over a month before when I met Libby and Kate at YALC. Warning, this post is going to be very soppy!


When I got my first box last year I was so excited and I loved what I got in the box. What I didn't know was that a year later I would have 17 new surprise books (some months had two books), lots of bookish merch and eleven people who I would be lost without.

There haven't been many of the chats on the clubhouse that I've actually said much in, but the one in January this year I chatted a little more and after the chat one of them invited me to a group Whatsapp chat that a few of them had. I joined thinking I would be as vocal as I was in the clubhouse chats, but I surprised myself by actually participating in the conversations quite a lot.

Since then I've got to know the people in the chat quite well and they're like an extension of my family, and we talk about almost everything (not just books). We're dotted all over the place but we've been to book signings together, YALC, we've had little get togethers, they introduced me to buddy reading, and then a few weeks ago nine of us went away for a week and stayed in a caravan - which involved a lot of chatting and reading, and some of us even got a tattoo. We also did birthday elf boxes, and with keeping with the elf theme, we're also doing Christmas elf boxes too.









2 comments: