Tuesday 25 September 2018

REVIEW! You Let Me In by Lucy Clarke

I would like to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC for You Let Me In by Lucy Clarke. This review will not contain spoilers.


My Rating: ★★★.5


So the blurb for this book (taken from Goodreads) is:
Nothing has felt right since Elle rented out her house . . .

I’M IN YOUR HOUSE
There’s a new coldness. A shift in the atmosphere. The prickling feeling that someone is watching her every move from the shadows.

I’M IN YOUR HEAD
Maybe it’s all in Elle’s mind? She’s a writer – her imagination, after all, is her strength. And yet every threat seems personal. As if someone has discovered the secrets that keep her awake at night.

AND NOW I KNOW YOUR SECRET
As fear and paranoia close in, Elle’s own home becomes a prison. Someone is unlocking her past – and she’s given them the key…

I don't tend to read adult fiction but the blurb for this really intrigued me when I saw it available for request on Netgalley. I'm glad I let myself out of my comfort zone of reading because this book was amazing. I'm definitely going to check out more of Lucy's books.

The story was quite slow which usually I don't like, but the story had so many shocks and twists throughout that I had no idea who the person following Elle could be. I loved how everyone was a suspect, and I felt so sorry for Elle, paranoia and insomnia are not fun things. I loved how we slowly found out about her past and how every time I thought it was one person, something would prove they were innocent. Then just before (literally a few pages before) the actual culprit was revealed, I figured it out - it was still unexpected who it actually was and I liked the little epilogue that is set a year later, which just ties everything up.


No comments:

Post a Comment