Wednesday 8 August 2018

July Reading Wrap-up

I've seen a few people do these monthly summaries for the books they've read and I think they're a really good idea. Below are a couple of my favourite bloggers I have seen do these posts,but also check out their other posts too
PhoenixFaie
NifflerReads



I only managed to get through 7 books in July, and I did start two others on the last day of July so I won't count those two for July - they can be included in my August wrap up.

1) Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Melinda Salisbury, Non Pratt, Lisa Williamson,Tanya Bryne and Eleanor Wood ★★★★★ I really enjoyed this book, I loved the separation of the 6 different characters and then the little chapters which were narrated in the third person. I think I related to Velvet's character most and after reading I guessed who wrote which character/part and I got 4 out of 7 correct!


2) Lost Boy by Christina Henry ★★★★ This book was incredible, I find that re-tellings can be quite hit-or-miss, and as Peter Pan is one of my favourite stories, I was very glad that this re-telling did not disappoint.

3) A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers ★★★★★ I read book one in the Wayfarer series a few months back and fell in love with the characters. So when I found out book two had different characters I was sceptical (and a little disappointed), but once I started reading I fell in love with these new characters just as quickly as those from book one. I'm very much looking forward to book three.

4) Alice by Christina Henry ★★★★ Once again Christina has not disappointed with a re-telling. I absolutely loved the twist on the classic Alice In Wonderland story and I'm looking forward to reading Red Queen which is the sequel to Alice.

5) All Of This Is True by Lydia Day PeƱaflor ★★★ This was actually the BookBoxClub book for June, I did enjoy reading this book, even though I only gave it 3 stars, and I really enjoyed the different layout (interviews, book snippets and diary entries) but I just wasn't gripped by the story and felt it was too predictable.

6) Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton  I absolutely loved this book, it's killing me that I can't buy books two and three yet (put myself on a buying ban after what I got at YALC) I loved the characters in this, I also love how much of a badass Amani is.

7) The Island by M.A.Bennett ★.5 I was lucky enough to get an e-arc of this and then meet the author at YALC and tell her in person how much I loved this. I really liked how the tables turned for the characters in the story - I also did a review which you can find here 

I'm hoping to get more books read in August, especially now YALC is over and I can focus on my whole TBR and not just a select few, but we shall see how that goes over the next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment