Wednesday 22 August 2018

Author A-Z Tag

Something a little different for this week's post, I got this from Jen Campbell's Youtube Channel - hereSome of these were really hard to pick just one author and one book, but I think I did pretty well, although I am annoyed I couldn't find any authors beginning with 'X' and had to settle for there just being an 'X' in the name.
Also below is just a glimpse of part of one of my bookshelves...



THE AUTHOR A-Z TAG
1. Go through your shelves and pick out an author for each letter of the alphabet. 2. Tell us a bit about one book by this author. 3. If you're missing a letter or two, do some research and let us know about an author for this letter you'd like to read in the future. 4. Tag people. (Anyone who sees this)

A- Alice Broadway
Ink (and the sequel Spark) are two books I would highly recommend. The people are separated as people who have tattoos, and those who don't, where both sides believe the other is the more dangerous.

B- Becky Albertalli
As much as I love Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, I'm going to have to say Leah On The Offbeat as I definitely related to her more. Leah is bisexual but only her mum knows this, and it's a beautiful journey of seeing her growing as a person

C-Cassandra Clare
Honestly who else would I have chosen for this letter?! Although it is hard choosing just one of her books, I'm going to choose Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy, because I love it and people seem to forget about it's existence. It's set across the two years straight after City of Heavenly Fire, so it ends three years before the Dark Artifices take place. It's centered completely around Simon Lewis (best character ever!) and has appearances from the other main characters from The Mortal Instruments series.

D- Darren Shan
I can't choose just one single book for Darren, so I'm choosing a single series by him. His Demonata series was the reason I became obsessed with all things demon. His writing is insanely good and after reading this I had to read more of his books.

E- Shea Erinshaw
I got The Wicked Deep in my Book Box Club subscription months ago and I absolutely loved this 'mermaid/siren' story. Even since I've been following her Instagram, keeping updated on the progress of her next book.

F- Fiona Shaw
Outwalkers was another Book Box Club book for my collection. I really loved the dystopian feel to this book, and it really makes you wonder whether our world will actually end up that way in the future.

G- Giovanna and Tom Fletcher
Eve of Man is absolutely amazing, I was gripped from the beginning and I cannot wait for the other books in the trilogy. Again this is another dystopian book; no girls have been born for 50 years and then Eve is born...

H- Holly Black
The Cruel Prince is just one example of how perfectly Holly can write faerie. I also fell completely in love with Carden and need book two so I can have more of him...

I- Isaac Marion
Now I'm a huge believer in reading the book before seeing the film, however in the case of Warm Bodies I didn't realise there was a book, until after I had seen the film. Nevertheless I bought the book, and it has sat on my shelf, unread, ever since.

J- Jeff Giles
The Edge Of Everything is perfect. I loved this book, and following the friendship between Zoe and X. I already have book two waiting to be read and I cannot wait.

K- Kali Wallace
Yet another book from Book Box Club; this one has two gorgeous family trees for the two main families in the story and I absolutely loved how some chapters are from the MC ancestors point of view

L- Leigh Bardugo
I'm really looking forward to reading some of Leigh's books, the Grisha books have been calling out to me for a while now, and I've recently bought Wonder Woman: Warbringer

M- Melinda Salisbury
State of Sorrow is beautiful. Melinda is one of the loveliest, most talented YA authors out there and I'm really looking forward to reading more of her work.

N- Neil Gaiman
I originally borrowed Neverwhere from a friend and it took me a while to get into it. When I first finished it I wasn't quite sure if I really enjoyed the story, but after a day or two of thinking back on the story I realised just how much I loved it. I think the delay for my brain was that the style of writing is different to what I'm used to

O- George Orwell
I originally read 1984 in school, where all we did was analyse ever line, I did like the book, but I want to re-read it as an adult

P- Patrick Ness
The Knife Of Never Letting Go is another that's been on my shelf unread for a while now

Q- Kate Karyus Quinn
So I was a bit stuck for this one and I resorted to Google to find an author and I found (Don't You) Forget About Me, which as well as being a classic song, it also sounds like a brilliant book

R- Rainbow Rowell
Fangirl a million times over. I remember being drawn to this book purely for the title of the book, and then I read the blurb and saw it was about a nerdy girl who writes fanfiction, which basically described my life at the time.

S- Sarah J Maas
I love the entire Throne of Glass series but if I had to choose just one book it has to be Empire of Storms. Holy moly that book is incredible, the character development, especially of Elide and Manon, is definitely my favourite thing. And also lots of Rowan which is a definite bonus!

T- Tomi Adeyemi
I buddy read Children of Blood and Bone and found it so hard to stop at the page we were reading to each day. Tomi is a brilliant writer and I'm looking forward to seeing how she continues the story.

U- Ursula Moray Williams
I grew up with the Gobbolino The Witch's Cat stories in my sibling's Storytellers, so when a few months ago I discovered that there was an actual book, it went straight on my 'MUST BUY' list. Plus its a bright orange 75th anniversary addition.

V- Victoria Aveyard
War Storm was the perfect, not perfect ending to a book series.Her exact words to me were 'don't hate me' which makes me think a lot of people wanted a different ending, but this was perfect to the ending I wanted.

W- Leslye Walton
The Price Guide To The Occult was one of the many books I picked up from YALC this year. The story has witches and that was enough to make me want to buy it, I'm excited to read this one

X- Alexandra Christo
I'm currently over halfway through To Kill A Kingdom and I'm absolutely loving this mermaid retelling. I love the subtle connections to The Little Mermaid (which is in my top 5 Disney films ever)

Y- Yaba Badoe
Jigsaw Of Fire And Stars was the very first book I got from Book Box Club, I did enjoy reading, but I doubt I would read it again.

Z- Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Shadow Of The Wind was actually given to me for my birthday by one of my (favourite) work colleagues. I've not had a chance to read it yet (surprise surprise) but the story sounds really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment