Wednesday 1 August 2018

My LFCC/YALC 2018

It's safe to say that this year's YALC and LFCC was the best (and most expensive) weekend of my life. I came home with 22 new books, memories with some of my favourite people and the knowledge that I have now met all of the living actors who have played Doctor Who (I need Jodie to be announced next year so I can continue that achievement).


One thing I have learnt my lesson on and will be doing next year is taking a suitcase for my books; the ones I take to get signed and the ones I'm bringing home - there's only so many tote bags one girl can carry! Although thankfully most of the stalls in YALC give you free tote bags with your purchases so I have plenty now.

So this is how many new books I bought at YALC, I actually only bought 19 books, but on one of the stalls you got to pick one free ARC with each purchase so The Rosemary Spell was free. You can't really see all the titles so at the bottom of this post I'll put an actual list of the books, in place of the usual Spotify playlist.


Below are the books that I took to get signed, although a couple I bought at YALC, I also got two of Sara Barnard's books signed, but my friend has them as she is borrowing them. I also got pictures with Sara Barnard, Alexandra Christo and Alwyn Hamilton.


 


On the Friday me and Tessa cosplayed as Shadowhunters and on Sunday I cosplayed Amy Pond (unfortunately the only picture I managed to get of that was in front of the Tardis outside Earls Court)


 

So the LFCC part of my weekend was so surreal; I had already booked photoshoots with most of the Doctor Who cast who were at the weekend, then whilst in the queue for the Tom and Gi Fletcher signing, an announcement came through that David Tennant was attending the Sunday- luckily I have amazing friends who managed to book my shoot with him.

 

I also managed to get hold of some Funko POP vinyls, the Rocket and Lylla pop was from my friend, and some Disney themed jewellery from one of the stalls (the candle was from the Bookish Burns stall in YALC).



Below are some other pictures I got over the weekend; including glimpses of different guests (Devon Murray, Richard Wilson, Jason Mamoa, Paul Wesley), the gorgeous book spine wall in YALC, the badges and pins I got over the weekend and a group shot of the BookBoxClub squad with Libby and Kate at the BookBoxClub stall. 

 






It's safe to say that I had an amazing weekend, and I have post-con blues now. Today is also my first day back at work after a much needed week off, so that is not helping the blues. However I have already started planning my cosplay ideas for next July, so until next year I plan on putting together those ideas and reading books from my TBR that aren't for YALC!

       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YALC book haul:
- Are We All Lemmings & Snowflakes by Holly Bourne
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- Landlines by Rainbow Rowell
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Who Runs the World by Virginia Bergin
- The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton
- Nemesis by Brendan Reichs
- Slay by Kim Curran 
- A Bad Boy Stole My Bra by Lauren Price 
- The Secret Deep by Lindsay Galvin
- The Summoner trilogy by Taran Matharu (Novice, Inquisition and Battlemage)
- The Island by M.A. Bennett
- Song of Blood & Stone by L. Penelope
- All the Ever Afters by Danielle Teller
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles (cover to match The Brink of Darkness cover)
- My (Secret) Youtube Life by Charlotte Seager 
The Rosemary Spell by Virginia Zimmerman


No comments:

Post a Comment