Wednesday 23 May 2018

REVIEW! Scream Site by Justina Ireland

I would like to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC for Scream Site by Justina Ireland

I really liked the sound of this book when I saw it available for request, but unfortunately I was a little disappointed.


My Rating: ★★
So the blurb for this book (taken from Goodreads) is:
Sabrina Sebastian's goal in life is to be an investigative reporter. For her first big story, she researches a popular website called Scream Site, where people post scary videos and compete for the most "screams." While Sabrina's friends and her sister, Faith, talk nonstop about the creepy viral videos, Sabrina just hopes that covering this trend will get her the internship she's wishing for. But as she digs into the truth behind the website, she begins to suspect that these aren't only aspiring actors and videographers at work. Some clips seem a little too real. And when Faith goes missing, Sabrina must race against time to save her sister from becoming the next video "star."


I really liked the sound of this book when I saw it available for request on NetGalley and I was really glad I got given this book to read. Unfortunately, I found the book quite hard to read in the sense that I wasn't hooked at any point of the story, it was pretty predictable and very anti-climatic. I feel like the whole thing is very rushed, especially towards the end when Sabrina's sister goes missing.

However, I would like to say that even though I would not read this again and I only gave this 2 out of 5 stars, I didn't hate this book and there were a couple of things especially that I liked. I liked the plot itself of the book, I mean it's what made me request an ARC of it in the first place. I also liked how it teaches awareness of strangers on the internet, the girls in the book are pretty stupid when it comes to meeting up with people they've met online and they learn their lesson - I think that's a really good thing for younger readers of this book.

This book is actually on Goodreads and NetGalley as Teens & YA, but after reading this I think this would be better categorised as Middle Grade.


No comments:

Post a Comment