Wednesday 16 May 2018

Rapid Fire Book Tag

I got this tag from Victoria's blog, which you can find here. We're both big readers so this is the perfect tag for us both.
1.E-Book or Physical?
For me it doesn't really bother me, I love having a physical book but I fin it easier to read to and from work if it's on my phone.

2. Paperback or Hardback?
I don't really have a preference on this, just that if I get a series it needs to either be all in paperback or all in hardback. Which is frustrating when they don't always release paperback and hardback at the same time.


3. Online or In-Store book shopping?
I love finding new books in store but if I'm on a budget or know what I want then online works for me... although it also backfires because I select 'collect in store' for Waterstones and end up looking in store still anyway.


4. Trilogies or Series?

I absolutely love both

5. Heroes or Villains?
I tend to gravitate to villains, or heroes that have a dark side 


6. A Book you want everyone to read?
Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I have so many things about this book that I absolutely loved and I need everyone to read it. I lent my copy to two of my friends and recommended it to so many other people.


7. Recommend an underrated author?
Holly Black - I don't know if she counts as an underrated author, but I noticed at the book signing she did with Cassandra Clare last year there was only half the number of people with Holly that there was with Cassie.

8. The last book you finished?
II have quite a few on my currently reading pile at the moment but I believe the last book actually finished was Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron. 

9. Weirdest thing you've used as a bookmark?
A tissue, clean obviously, I had no receipts in my bag but I had a pack of tissues

10. Used books Yes or No?
I'm happy with used books as long as they are in an acceptable condition. Most of my books do not even look read except for lines down the spine so I have high standards on books

11. Top 3 favourite genres?
YA, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and Middle Grade. I don't often read Middle Grade but there are a few books from the genre that I have loved.

12. Borrow or Buy?
Both, I'm a firm believer in local libraries and I tend to borrow a fair bit from them, especially when i don't have the spare money to go and buy books.

13. Character or Plot?
Both really, but if there is no plot then I get bored easily.


14. Long or short books?
Somewhere in the middle, long books I find it hard sometimes for them to keep me hooked but short books are just over far too quickly and sometimes don't answer all the questions I have.


15. Name the first three books you can think of?
War Storm because I'm ridiculously excited for it to be released

State of Sorrow because I'm currently reading and the last chapter I read had a massive plot twist
A Court of Frost and Starlight because everyone I know is reading/has read this and I still need to read the first three books 

16. Books that make you laugh or cry?
I love both, although most books tend to make me cry over one thing or another

17. Our world or fictional?
Definitely fictional, I like travelling to other worlds when I read

18. Audio-books, Yes or No?
Personally I've never tried audio books so feel I can't answer this one

19. Do you ever judge a book by its cover?
Yes, I have found so many amazing books just from their covers 

20. Book to movie or book to TV?
TV, because in theory they have more time to work with including more from the book

21. A Movie or TV show that you preferred to the book?
PS I Love You, I did love the book but I much preferred the movie

22. Series or Stand-alones?
Both, I love being sucked into a series, even though the wait for the next book is unbearable, but sometimes it's nice to have just the one book (as long as all the questions are answered and there's no cliff hangers at the end)



No comments:

Post a Comment