Wednesday 30 May 2018

May Book haul

So I was a bit stuck for what to do for this week’s post, and then I remembered Victoria does book hauls. I think it’s a pretty good idea for when you’re stuck for a post (plus I may have gone a bit overboard with book buying this month)



So the month started with me buying Heartless and Renegades by Marissa Meyer and All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Both Heartless and Renegades have been on my TBR for a while now and they were on offer so it would have been rude not to. ATBP I actually borrowed from the library last year and I absolutely loved it and it is definitely one I would read again.


Then there was the purchasing of The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green, Leah On The Offbeat by Becky Albertalli and A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas. I had actually already pre-ordered The Smoke Thieves when I found out Sally was going to be at the signing/talk I was going to for Alice Broadway so it was kind of perfect I had pre-ordered this one. Plus the purple sprayed pages are to die for. I’d decided when I finished reading Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda that I was going to get Leah when it came out and it just so happened to be out when I went to collect my pre-order of The Smoke Thieves. ACOFAS was a must have as I have he other three books of the series sitting on my book shelf waiting to be read.


I had a couple of weeks break from buying books (not including the two I got in my BookBoxClub and Fairyloot boxes) which I won't post on here, because spoilers! Then bank holiday weekend I spent shopping and exploring London, and I may have 'accidentally' ended up in Waterstones and Forbidden Planet where I bought quite a few books. So the Shadowhunter's Codex I already had on ebook but I loved it and needed the physical book for my collection (plus my mum has been dying to read it since she finished Lord of Shadows), To Kill A Kingdom I've had on my TBR for months, Red Queen I had to get as I absolutely adore Alice In Wonderland and already have Alice by Christina Henry sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read. The Wolves of London was a random buy, Forbidden Planet had a 3 for £1.99 deal, I could only find two of the Primeval books (they only had books 6 and 7 of the 8 book series - I have also ordered book 1 and 8 online), so I read the blurb of a few books and really liked the sound of this one. Gobbolino the Witch's Cat was one of my favourites as a child and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have this book on my shelves (although this one I didn't buy, it was bought for me). The Buffy Slayer Stats I couldn't resist, Buffy was my favourite show growing up, I've re-watched it countless times and I just had to get this book. Finally the Doctor Who book I was drawn to as I noticed that it was 12 stories written by 12 different authors, one of which is written by Holly Black. My dad will most likely be borrowing this one after I've finished reading it.


Last but not least was mine and my mum's pre-orders of Eve of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher. This is actually released tomorrow but our pre-orders were sent to store yesterday so obviously I collected them as soon as possible and I'm starting it today.




No comments:

Post a Comment