Wednesday 31 January 2018

January Favourites 2018

I used to do this sort of thing as a vlog and I really enjoyed them, but since I don’t really film anything now I’ve decided to make this a monthly post instead. This is literally just a list of my favourite things (in general) that I’ve discovered in the month of January 2018.


Books
I was going to only pick one but there were two books that I particularly loved this month and they were The Memory Trees by Kali Wallace and The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. Both books had me completely gripped from the beginning. The Cruel Prince I’ve actually had on pre-order since July last year and then when I went to the Cassandra Clare and Holly Black signing, Holly teased us with the book so when it was finally released the beginning of January I was beyond excited to read it, and now I have I’m going to have to (Im)patiently wait for the second book in the series. I’m also angry at myself for hating Prince Carden for the first three quarters of the book, because by the end I was completely in love with him. The Memory Trees was the book for the November Book Box Club and after reading the synopsis I decided it sounded good but I didn’t think I would love it, oh how wrong was I. The twist at the end left me sat in shock for about 20 minutes and the family tree in the front of the book is so beautiful it’s unreal.








Films
Sharknado wins favourite for this month. I was going to watch it last year but they took it off Netflix, then by some miracle a couple of weeks back it was added again so I watched it while I could. The film itself is a ridiculous idea (sharks in tornados come on) but I think that added to the brilliance of it, that and the hilarious low-budget special effects. I now have the rest of the films on my to watch list.



TV shows
No contest for this it has to be Supernatural, years ago I watched the first 5 seasons then lost track. Now it’s on season 13 and I decided to watch it from the beginning, I’m on season 5 now and it’s a good job I didn’t just carry on from season 6 because watching season 4 and 5 I don’t remember most of it. I’m so glad I made the decision to watch this again, I forgot how much I love the Winchester boys.



Music
I’ve been obsessed with two albums this month; Asking Alexandria’s new self-titled album and Black Veil Brides new album -  Vale. I think it helps that at the weekend I was at the London show of their co-headline tour which was incredible. But literally if you haven’t heard the albums yet, have a listen. My favourite songs are Where Did It Go by AA and Ballad Of The Lonely Hearts by BVB.





Make up
I have two items this month; my two Soph palettes by Make Up Revolution. I got the eyeshadow and highlight palettes for Christmas and I’ve used them every day since. There isn’t a colour/shade in either of them that I don’t adore.





Exercise
As much as I hate how much it hurts, I’ve been doing the 30 Day Abs Challenge and I feel so motivated it’s amazing (obviously I’m pairing it with a healthier diet). I mean right now I’m procrastinating and typing this post means I’m postponing doing today’s quota of crunches, leg raises and plank. I can feel my body getting stronger each day though as I’m able to push myself further before I need to rest.



Jewellery
My new rose gold ring. It’s an early birthday present from my parents and I’m so obsessed with it. LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!!!



Everyday items
My water bottle is easily my favourite thing this month, they sell them in Primark for less than £5. It holds 1.5l of water which means I fill it up once and I’m already 3/4 through my daily intake. Even better than that I don’t even realise I’m drinking as much as I am which helps a lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment