Wednesday 10 January 2018

My 2017 Summed Up

2017 was a busy but stressful year for me, overall it wasn’t a great year but even through all the crap I have some pretty amazing memories. I think I’ll just go month by month, as you will see, some months we’re more eventful than others...




January and February 
In January the only significant thing was going to see A Day To Remember at Wembley Arena, cannot believe it’s been almost a year. It was such an amazing night and I got so excited when I saw that they had a Snapchat filter for the night. 
In February I went for drinks with people from my previous job which was brilliant seeing them all again and then I saw Mamma Mia with my Mum and our friend Denise, which is now joint first place with Wicked for my favourite musical. Then I finished the month with a trip up to Leeds for belated birthday celebrations for Victoria.

    


March
Can safely say best start to a month and busiest month was in March, because I was front row for Russell Howard at the Royal Albert Hall. I also saw All Time Low in Hammersmith and danced the night away at the Make Up Revolution 3rd birthday party




 




April
Started the month spending some quality time with my three oldest nephews, saw Mallory Knox with Leigh, then saw You Me At Six with my gig crew, Tessa and Charlie. Then later on in the month I got to see Jimmy Carr at the Cliffs Pavilion and I ended the month with my favourite Finnish people whilst in Finland, had a Day trip over to Tallin and also dyed my hair the colours of the Finnish flag.







 



May
The month began with me in Finland celebrating my first ever Vappu which was the best thing ever. Went to a kids birthday party where I got my face painted like Poppy from Trolls then spent the last weekend of the month in Leeds for my third Slam Dunk Festival, where I saw a band I’ve loved since I was a teenager (Cute Is What We AIM For) and met one of the most beautiful humans (Jamie Campbell Bower)



June
Once again got to spend some time with my oldest three nephews and this time the weather was amazing so we went to the park and took full advantage of Snapchat filters.




July
Did something drastic with my hair and not only had it cut the shortest I’ve ever had it but also went back to my natural colour (GINGE FOR LIFE!) went to the July Facedown where I bumped into an old friend who I haven’t spoken to in years. Went to my first outdoor cinema to see Grease, thanks to Leigh and her family which was amazing, and finished the month at London Film and Comic Con where I met so many amazing people, but the highlight was by far Alyson Hannigan


 

 








August
Went to another outdoor cinema, this time with Charlie to see Mean Girls then the next day my oldest nephew turned 16 (totally didn’t get emotional at that). A few days after that I was lucky enough to be able to go to the Cassandra Clare and Holly Black book signing where I got to meet both amazing authors, still cannot believe it now, and it’s been months, and where me and Victoria met some amazing people who share our love for books. Finished the month in British summer style with Leigh and her family at Haven, genuinely had the best bank holiday weekend with them all.










 





September
Took my dad to the last ever day of the Doctor Who Experience as an early Christmas present which we both absolutely loved. Me and Charlie held on to the last of summer by going to one more outdoor cinema to see Dirty Dancing, and it rained almost the whole film then saw Joel Dommett in Hammersmith and got my very first box from my Book Box Club subscription.


 












October
Tessa came over from Finland for her birthday and we went for drinks with colleagues from my previous job which was brilliant considering I hadn’t seen them in almost a year. A few days later I took Charlie, my mum and my sister to the Harry Potter tour as an early Christmas present which was amazing, especially seeing as my mum and sister had never been. Then saw one of my favourite bands in Brixton (Neck Deep), and finished the month at MCM comic con with my family (which was my brother and sister-in-law’s early Christmas presents) where I picked up some amazing things in the market but more importantly met Andrew Scott and ANDREW LEE POTTS!


 
 

 



November
Lewis came over from Wales and took me to see Don Broco and Counterfeit, went shopping twice; once with Charlie and then once with Olivia. Went to Winter Wonderland where I drank my favourite mulled cider and then took Victoria and my niece to Harry Potter tour for Hogwarts in the Snow.


 



December
Busiest month by far thanks to Christmas: I did a Christmas movie advent (link to that post is here), did lots of shopping and wrapping and drinking of mulled wine. Spent an amazing day with my parents, siblings and some of my nephews, got absolutely spoilt with gifts (that you can see here) and spent an amazing Christmas and New Year with my family.










No comments:

Post a Comment