Wednesday 24 January 2018

Best concert I’ve been too

Bit of a different post from the usual but thought I’d share a little something. Anyone that knows me knows how much I love going to concerts, and I’ve been to a good few hundred in the last 8 and a half years (since 25th October 2009 to be exact). It’s quite hard to choose one favourite out of the many so I’m going to choose three instead. 


First up is the first ever concert I was at, Bring Me The Horizon at Camden Roundhouse on 25th October 2009. They were supported by August Burns Red and A Day To Remember. Even though it was over 8 years ago I still remember the whole day like it was yesterday, which definitely makes it memorable seeing as my memory is terrible. I queued all day so that meant that when doors opened I was front row, at the barrier, more excited than I’d ever been. All three bands were amazing, since then I’ve seen A Day To Remember twice more and Bring Me The Horizon eight more times. 

Second was Halloween 2010, travelled to Oxford to see You Me At Six with support from Kids In Glass Houses, The Blackout and Deaf Havana. I managed to get barrier (again) but the highlight was by far the costumes; Deaf Havana dressed as women, The Blackout dressed as wrestlers from the 80’s/90’s, Kids In Glass Houses dressed as vampires and You Me At Six dressed in animal onesies. The concert itself was amazing, getting back from Oxford at midnight however was not amazing and I remember walking down Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road at 3am to get the night bus we needed.

The third is more recent, One Direction at the O2 Arena on the 25th September 2015. Now me and Victoria had talked about looking on resale sites for tickets to London after not enjoying Cardiff thanks to drunk guys who ruined it for us. So we had a look and found some in the second row which were expensive but not break the bank expensive, so we decided screw it and bought them. Two days before the concert I called up the site cause the seller still hadn’t uploaded the tickets only to be told the seller had withdrawn the tickets. My heart was broken until they offered me seats in the row in front for no extra cost.... Front. Row. Being that close to them and hearing them perform No Control was the best and I’ll never forget it. Also I was there again 4 days later with Leigh in the fifth row from the stage. As you can tell where tickets are concerned I have no control......



No comments:

Post a Comment