Wednesday 31 October 2018

October Reading Wrap-up

Time for my monthly book summary, this month I went away for a week to Disneyland Paris so I didn't manage to get through as many as usual.

I only actually managed to read 6 books in October, plus I'm halfway through another, which will go on to next month's wrap-up.

1) The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken ★★★.5 I've been seeing people talk about the film for this and obviously that meant that I needed to read the book so I can watch the film. I did enjoy the book and I'm looking forward to not only reading the rest of the series, but also watching the film too

2) Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky ★★★.5 I did enjoy the story, but I could not get along with the writing style, it felt like I was reading the diary of a 12 year old, not a 16 year old

3) They Both Die In The End by Adam Silvera ★★★★★ As much as this book broke my heart, this was perfect, I love Adam's writing style and I will definitely be reading more of his books 

4) The Lost Sisters by Holly Black ★★★★★ This may only be an extremely short novella... but it has given me something while I wait for The Wicked King to be released

5) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness ★★★ I've been wanting to watch the show for this, but needed to read the book first, it actually took me a while to get into the book (about 200 pages to be exact). I'm very much used to reading YA and middle grade so throwing myself into some adult fiction was hard, but I did really like the story (apart from despising Matthew). I will be reading the other books in the trilogy, however I'm not in a huge rush to do so

6) Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★ This woman owns my soul. I never thought any books would ever come close to the Harry Potter and Shadowhunter series, but the Throne of Glass books are up there. I could talk for days about KoA, so feel free to message me if you have also finished it... I have a lot of feelings and emotions about this. 

Let's see how November goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment