Wednesday 17 October 2018

My first ever Disneyland Paris trip

This week is a non-bookish post because last week I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time and I had the best time ever. I'm so sad to be back and living a normal, non-Disney life again.



Also I want to show off the 5 different sets of ears I wore over the 5 days, because the three makers deserve all the love and attention. I've put the links to their Instagram's at the bottom of this post.


 

 




Monday we didn't actually get to Paris until 2pm and then we had to check in to our hotel (we stayed in Sequoia Lodge) we managed to catch the Disney stars on parade which was incredible, unfortunately we missed both the morning and afternoon princesses which were Snow White and Ariel. Ariel and Rapunzel are my favourite princesses so I was gutted I missed her, so we went on Big Thunder Mountain (one of my new favourite things everrrrrrr) and then got Five Guys for dinner.

Tuesday we had the character breakfast booked and we got PIGLET!!! Eeyore, Tigger, Mickey, Goofy and Daisy. Then we went over to Princess Pavillion where we met Cinderella, and the afternoon was Rapunzel, we also managed to meet Maleficent by the vines and then Jafar. We only  went on Peter Pan's Flight, Big Thunder Mountain, and we also did a bit of shopping too. Then for dinner we went to Annette's Diner (I went all out and had three courses)










Wednesday we went straight to the Princess Pavillion during extra magic hours where we met Snow White, which was perfect as Liv was Disney bounding her, then the afternoon was Aurora in the pavilion. We managed to catch Hyperspace Mountain with no queue which was perfect timing. We managed to meet Donald in his devil outfit, Pluto, Jack and by pure luck (and Liv's eyes) White Rabbit with Tweedledee and Tweedledum. We also had the Princess lunch where the four princesses were Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel and Belle, plus there were two of the mice, Suzy and Perla. I absolutely loved the starter (Shrimp with saffron butter) and main course (Chicken fricasse), however I was really disappointed with the lack of variety for dessert. There were only three options you could choose from; Cinderella's dessert which is essentially white chocolate (I'm intolerant to white chocolate), fruit salad (had mango which I'm intolerant to) and a 'selection' of cheeses (which of the three tiny pieces of cheese, I only liked one). We did some more shopping and then we watched the fireworks/illuminations, which I 100% maybe didn't cry at...











Thursday we mixed it up a little and spent the beginning of extra magic hours in Studios, where we went on Crush's Coaster and Rock'n'Rollercoaster, when we headed back over to Disneyland we managed to avoid a queue for Mad Hatter's teacups and had a really short queue for Dumbo the Flying Elephant. We got in the queue early to meet Stitch, then headed over to the queue for Cheshire Cat, who noticed my Cheshire purse on my lanyard. We also managed to catch the Evil Queen, Gaston, plus Cinderella's step mother and step sisters after the villains shows. We squeezed in It's A Small World, which I will never go on again, as no one warned me it was dolls, still having flashbacks now... and of course as I had my Mad Hatter ears on and Liv was Disney bounding Alice (which got us noticed by them during the parade) we had to do Alice's Curious Labyrinth. Almost forgot, but we also managed to grab lunch at Casey's Corner, which was the greatest cheese hot dog I've ever eaten.





Friday we only had a half day so we used extra magic hours to be literally the first two people inside the park and get the best shots of the castle, see the inside of the castle, and go on the Carousel before heading over to Adventureland to queue up for a meet and greet with Hook (who instantly noticed my Hook ears). We then had to rush on over to Studios to meet Spiderman and Minnie Mouse, plus finally go on Tower of Terror which was also amazing. Then we headed back to the hotel to pick up our luggage, grabbed lunch at McDonalds then waited for our train back to London. 




I cannot thank Liv enough for planning this trip and cramming as much as possible into my first DLP trip, she made it even better than I expected. We also both put loads on our Instagram highlights so you should definitely go check them out; mine is @captainfurby and Liv's which is @livisdisneystyle


So EARS!!!!
Minnie 1st Visit ears were made by @chasingchildhood
Mad Hatter ears were made by @earsrpoppin
Ursula, Sally and Hook ears were all made by @hannahmariemagic


No comments:

Post a Comment