Wednesday 24 October 2018

Favourite Childhood Books

Were you a big reader when you were a child? I was and I'm so glad I grew up with a passion for reading. I was never one of those kids who had lots of friends who I would see outside of school, so a high percentage of the time I spent outside school I either had my eyes glued to a games console or head stuck in a book.

Harry Potter has to be the first book series I mention; this was the first actual series I read and I'm pretty sure it's part of the reason I became so obsessed with supernatural things. 



A Series of Unfortunate Events is another series I loved as a child, I've re-read them countless times as both child and adult, and now my 10 year old nephew is reading them and loving them too. (which is the reason book 2 is missing from the picture)



Demonata was the first set of books I read which had demons, I remember my mum buying me the the first seven which were out at the time I think it was, then buying the last three as and when they came out.



The Keys To The Kingdom was another supernatural type series, it has been so long since I read them that I don't actually remember how Lord Sunday ended.... guess that means it's time for a re-read...



The Twits is my all-time favourite Roald Dahl book, I have lost count how many times I've read it. It's just so funny and so easy to read.


Night World was more as I moved into my teenage years and begun the obsession with vampires in particular, but if I remember correctly I started reading them when I was about 9 or 10. Which means I've been waiting 15/16 years for the 10th and final book!!!! (My sister has been waiting longer, she introduced me to the books a couple of years are reading them herself)


Storytellers were a huge part of my childhood, I loved all the different stories in them, especially Gobbolino The Witch's Cat which I managed to get the actual individual book of earlier this year





No comments:

Post a Comment