Wednesday 3 October 2018

September Reading Wrap-up

Time for my monthly book summary, as I mentioned last month, I went away with some of my book club, so I managed to get through a little more than the usual amount.

I managed to read 9 books in September and I'm still reading two others - so I'll include those two in next month's wrap up. It would have been 10 books completed but I had to DNF one.

1) The Secret Deep by Lindsay Galvin ★★★★ This one was one of my many YALC purchases and was actually a random pick off my shelf. It's a really good middle grade and I would definitely read it again.

2) The Golden Tower by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black ★★★★ This was the final book in a five book series, it ended absolutely perfectly for me, and as sad as I am for the series to be over I think the five books was the perfect amount.

3) Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★ My plan for this was to wait until just before KoA was released to read this, but I couldn't wait any longer and now I'm impatiently waiting for KoA. I was abit 'on the fence' about reading ToD because Rowan isn't in it, but I actually adored this book.

4) Jinxed by Amy McCulloch ★★★ This was the August book for Book Box Club and we couldn't actually read ahead on the buddy read this time because we read it while at the caravan. I really liked this, even though it has quite a few cringey teenage 'omg it's a boy' moments (pass the sick bucket). Review here

5) Wicked Nix by Lena Coakley ★★ This was one of the many ARCs I read in September, I needed a major catch up on my Netgalley reads. This was a really cute little middle grade, although I definitely think it could have been longer. Review here

6) My Whole Truth by Mischa Thrace  Another ARC from my Netgalley reads and holy moly this was incredible, I was in tears at the end. It was so perfectly written and I've already recommended this to a few people. Review here 

7) Unwritten by Tara Gilboy  Apparently I read quite a few middle grade books in September, this one was written really well and I loved that it had a dark twist, which you don't often get in MG books. Review here

8) These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch  This was the August book in Fairyloot and I read way ahead on the buddy read, and finished 2 or 3 days before everyone else. It took a while to get into it but halfway through and I couldn't put it down. Review will be up in a few days

9) You Let Me In by Lucy Clarke ★.5 This book was completely out of my comfort zone as I tend to stick to fantasy, YA and MG, but I absolutely loved this book. I'm already looking at some other books by this author, because she had me on the edge of my seat for the whole book, and there were plot twists everywhere. Review here

10) Lakes of Mars  This was the book I had to DNF, I just couldn't get into the story at all, and overall the storyline was quite confusing. Review here 

Let's see how October goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment