Wednesday 21 February 2018

Storytime tag

This is something new I thought I'd try, I was Googling away for inspiration and found the idea for a Storytime tag on this site.



1) Talk about a time you lied to a parent.
I'm not proud but almost every Friday between the age of 16 and 18. There used to be a 'club' for teens, obviously no alcohol was served there but me and the group of friends I went with always used to go to the park near the club before and drink. My parent's know about it now and they're not happy about it, but I'm almost 25 years old now so there's nothing that anyone could really do about it now. I would not recommend it though, it's not a good way to spend your Friday nights, no matter how many good memories I have.

2) That time you stole something.
I would love to say I've never stolen anything but let's be real, I never pay the 5p for a plastic bag if I've forgotten my reusable ones. And to be fair it's not often I forget to take my 'Bags for life'

3) A confrontation you had with a teacher.
So back when I was in Year 10 (14 going on 15) we had this Religious Education teacher who couldn't understand that not everyone believed in the same as her, and continuously tried to shove her beliefs down our throats. Now that in itself is bad enough, but as an atheist I very quickly grew tired of her, one day I finally snapped and started the science over religion argument. She figured out that day that where she's passionate about religion, I'm very stubborn and I like science very much. Long story short she kicked me out of her classroom, which just proved further how closed minded she was.

4) The best gift ever!
This one is easy, no matter how many amazing gifts I've received in my life, the best ones were my nephews, yes I'm a sentimental old fool I know...

5) A time you tricked a sibling.
Literally all the time, my brother and sister are the most gullible people ever, especially my sister so they are the easiest people to trick ever!

6) Your boyfriend/girlfriend cheated!
It'll be about 3 years now since my ex cheated on me, I didn't actually find out until after the break up. We had been together for 5 years and he broke up with me saying it weren't working out and I didn't argue because we hadn't been great for a few months. Then within weeks he was in a new relationship, I didn't think of anything of it, some people move on quicker than others, and we ended up trying to be friends. It was working okay and then they announced they were having a baby. Her falling pregnant was so soon after our break up that I confronted him about it; turns out he had been cheating on me and she had been cheating on her boyfriend. So essentially me and the other guy are lucky to get them both out of our lives.

7) That time you broke up with a good friend.
The friend I broke up with had been my friend since we were 11 years old, we'd been best friends for 13 years. I'd introduced her to her now husband and watched her become a mum to a gorgeous little boy and then she started turning funny towards me. She got jealous that I went out and did stuff with other friends but when I tried making plans with her, whether they involved the baby or not, she just didn't bother and most of the time just ignored me. Eventually I got tired of trying to make the effort and we ended up having a huge argument and we haven't spoken in a year.

8) A time you embarrassed yourself playing sports.
That would literally be any time I've played sports, except netball, I was good at that. I think the most embarrassing, and hilarious, is me and Leigh playing tennis. We are absolutely terrible but hey we still get the exercise...

9) A story about how you got your pet.
So unfortunately we had to have our cat put to sleep almost 3 years ago when she was almost 15 years old. I still remember the day we went to meet her, someone my mum's friend knew was selling the kittens her cat had just had and cause they were old enough to be separated from their mum we went and had a look at them. I remember my mum picking up this tiny little tabby tortoiseshell and she just nuzzled into my mum and that was the moment my mum decided we were going to take her home. 

10) That time you tried out for something.
In 2013 I auditioned for The X Factor, not everyone realises this but you actually have three auditions before you reach the stage where it's actually filmed and aired on the show. So I auditioned and I got through to the second round, then unfortunately I didn't get through to the third round. Part of me is actually glad I didn't get through, as much as I love singing I don't think I'm cut out to do it professionally.

So there you go, you know a little bit more about me and my not even slightly interesting life, if you got this far you deserve all the awards...






No comments:

Post a Comment