Wednesday 7 March 2018

Drugstore makeup tag

Another tag so soon, I did say I had a few of these planned.... I found this one on the same site as the Storytime tag, link to that website is on this post. Post a comment and let me know if you do this tag too and I’ll check it out!



1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?

It goes without saying that my favourite drugstore brands are Make Up Revolution and NYX. In my opinion they're the best out there and about 90% of my make up is MUR.




2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
For face its either the MUR Ultra Face Base Primer or the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray. Cheek, its the MUR Sophx highlighter palette and for lips its the MUR Iconic Matte in two colours; Chauffer and Red Carpet.



3. Least favourite product?
This one I'm actually glad is an MUR product because no one can be that perfect... right? 
My least favourite product is the MUR Ultra Face Base Foundation, which I believe is now discontinued (I could be wrong). They have actually just launched a new foundation which I am yet to try.




4. What is the best makeup bargain?

By far the Christmas brush set which came out for Christmas 2017. I got this as a gift for Christmas so I didn't actually pay for it but it is such a good bargain. The brushes are to die for
5. What is your favourite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
This one has to go to the MUR Matte Lip Kits. My favourite is colour Reign, the formula is amazing and the colour is gorgeous.




6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

For me its the NIP+FAB Concealer, its not expensive as such, but I find for what you actually get it's not worth the money. I know there are some people that swear by it, but it's definitely not for me.




7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

I have two for this (although I could keep listing forever). First off the MUR Ultra Strobe Cream at £8 which is a dupe of the MAC strobe cream at £25. I've never used the MAC one as I refuse to use their products, but the price alone would be enough. Then there is the Freedom brow pomade at £5 which is a dupe of the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomade at £18.










8. Drugstore product that isn’t worth the hype?
The MUR Pro Fix Oil Control setting spray is a product I had heard so many amazing things about, and so many people raved about it. But when I tried it, I was actually really disappointed with it - I'll definitely be sticking with my NYX setting spray.







No comments:

Post a Comment