Wednesday 11 April 2018

Reading Problems Tag

This tag is actually from Victoria's blog, which you can find here and I'm just gonna go straight on ahead with the questions

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I have so many to be read (some of which I don't actually physically have yet) I tend to stick to series first. If there's a book from my TBR which I plan on borrowing from the library I tend to see what the queue for the book is like - if there's a list of people to get the book before me I read something from my actual collection while I'm waiting for my reservation at the library. Usually I don't tend to have a rule for choosing my next read.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I've only ever stopped reading a book before the end once or twice. I remember last year I was reading a book which I had really liked the sound of and was recommended (and lent to me by a friend) I struggled to read the first half of the book and still couldn't get into the story so I stopped. I actually can't remember the other time I've done that, it may have been when I was a child.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
If I was only one or two books away from my challenge then I would take a day or two just for reading and choose shorter, or easier to read books. If I still had quite a few books to reach my target then I would just read what I could and accept that I wasn't going to meet the goal that year. 

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I'm incapable of coping, I will only buy covers that match where series are concerned. So for example there are two different covers for The Morganville Vampires series, I made sure I bought the same set of covers for all 15 books (luckily in this case there was one person selling her entire set of 15 in the same cover set) 

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I've not really experienced this before (luckily). However, me and my mum have very similar tastes in books, so if everyone else hated a book I loved, I could most likely count on my mum to have the same feelings as me over said book. 

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I try to stop myself crying in public, which is hard because I cry at everything, but there are certain books that the tears are just going to fall and there's no stopping them (I'm looking at you Marley & Me). 

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!? 
I've got a pretty good memory for books so usually I can just read the sequel, say a year after I've read the previous book in the series. If I did forget though I would most likely either re-read the book or look on Goodreads, it would depend on how long until the next book was actually being released.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I'm not against certain people borrowing my books, I do have rules for the few people who are lucky enough to borrow them from me though. The main rule is you do not fold the pages, we are human not savages, I will even lend you a bookmark with the book. If someone wanted to borrow my books who I wasn't comfortable lending them to I would just be honest and tell them.

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I've had this in the past and I've just taken a break and not even looked at a book for a week or so then re-read a short book that I know I love (like The Twits by Roald Dahl) 

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I look at different stores; Waterstones, Asda, Amazon, etc. and see who has what book deals on. Whichever books I don't end up buying I just borrow from the library 

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Usually for a while, my TBR pile is so big that it'll take a while to get through them all. As I mentioned earlier in this post I tend to prioritise series over standalone books.  
 

So that's all the questions, let me know if you do this tag too




No comments:

Post a Comment