Wednesday 18 April 2018

My favourite book covers

I'm a sucker for a good book cover, and sometimes it can be a deciding factor for me on whether I pick up a book to read the blurb. So I thought I'd share with you some of the amazing books I've discovered simply because the cover gripped me - these are in no particular order.


Ink by Alice Broadway
Me and Victoria actually discovered Ink and The Edge of Everything on the same day, we were both drawn to the covers, and both books were on the 'buy one get one half price' offer in Waterstones so we couldn't say no. I'm really glad the cover attracted me to this book because I've been hooked on the series since. The cover of book two is just as beautiful as this one.



The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
So the first thing that made me noticed this book was the orange sprayed pages, how bloody beautiful is this book?! Secondly in the top left corner there is a quote from Cassandra Clare essentially saying this book is amazing, Cassie is queen so of course I was taking her word for it. Then I read the blurb and was instantly sold on buying this book. Now I'm (im)patiently waiting for book two.



Lord Loss by Darren Shan
The Demonata series was what introduced me to the brilliant writing of Darren Shan, and I'm certain that this cover plays a huge role in that. The detail of this cover is unreal up close, pictures do not do this enough justice.



A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
I remember hearing about Sara's first book Beautiful Broken Things but never got round to buying it, then when I saw this book I had to find out if it was linked to BBT or was a standalone book. I was very happy to find out it was a standalone so I bought it and started reading it that day. It's now one of my favourite books, and it's my favourite book by Sara.



Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
A lot of things appealed to me about this book, but the fact the cover is green was the first thing I noticed. Not only is green my favourite colour, but I'm also a proud Slytherin (not that you could tell aye). Then I noticed the name of the book and I'm pretty sure I didn't even read the blurb until after I bought it. This book is one of the best things written in this world, I relate so much to Cath; what with also being a fangirl who (at the time of first reading) wrote fanfiction myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment