Monday 22 February 2016

Not so healthy recipe

So a few weeks ago I posted about the healthiest recipe I own (it's here if you wanna read it). Well the other night I made dinner for myself, my parents and my nephew and I made a Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Health wise it was the opposite of the soup I make, as not only is it covered in cheese but it has a cheese sauce as well.

And this is basically the recipe in case any of you wanna try it :)
I got the recipe from this blog, but I did change it ever so slightly

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups diced chicken
  • 3 cups grated cheese
  • 1 pack of tortillas 
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 can/jar enchilada sauce

I'm always worried that I won't cook the chicken properly so I cook the chicken through first in a pot of boiling water. I drain the chicken then mix half the cheese in with the chicken.

Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 to heat up then grab a casserole dish, add a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce to the bottom of the dish and then layer tortillas on to so they cover the bottom and sides (I only needed two wraps for the this). Spoon half the can of refried beans and spread across the tortilla wraps then half of the chicken/cheese mix, pour on and spread half the jar of enchilada sauce and layer another 2 (or more if needed) tortilla wraps, spread the other half of the refried beans, the chicken/cheese mix and the rest of th enchilada sauce then cover with the other half of the cheese.


Now cover the dish in foil and put in the oven at gas mark 4 for 45-50 minutes and once it's all cooked up and the cheese is all melted and perfect enjoy :) 


I had so much fun making this dish and even more fun eating it. Everyone loved it and there were four empty plates half an hour later, very happy Becca.



Let me know if you make this, I want to know how it turns out for you and if you added anything extra.








No comments:

Post a Comment