Friday 19 February 2016

Huge weight off my shoulders

So a couple of weeks ago I had a huge (and I mean huge, that is not an exaggeration) 'break-up' with my so-called friend. A lot of these feelings had been building up for months and basically I got sick of being treated the way l was and finally snapped. Huge argument happened and they blocked me on one social networking site so I deleted them from everything else.

One thing not everyone gets is that friendship breakups can be just as heartbreaking as relationship breakups. It hurt a lot cutting someone I was so close to out of my life, but the last few months we've drifted apart and they were there for me less and less at the time I needed them the most. 

It has however made me see who my real friends are. They're the ones that have been there for me no matter what and in returning the favour I get to share amazing moments with them like Kirsty having her first child, Lewis buying his first home, Katie growing into the most amazing person from the 13 year old I met 6 years ago, Victoria and I going to our first blogging event together and Tessa and our trips to each other's countries along with our shared love for everything.

And how can I forget my mum who is the most amazing woman and listens to me and is there for me whenever I need her, even if I can't explain to her how I'm feeling at that moment in time. And the last person I want to mention is Emma, I met her through my sister and over the last 10+ years she has become like another sister, I've watched her amazing children grow and I've gossiped with her more than I have with anyone else.

Now obviously these are not the only people I have to be grateful for, but if I go on and list all of them I'd be here for ages. The few I have mentioned are my rocks, my constant reminder that I'm okay and that I'm not alone. For that I can never truly express my gratitude, but my shoulder is always here for you if you ever need it and I love you all to pieces.



Now I want to make it clear that I'm not forgetting about the things that other people have done for me in the past but they are in the past. So as grateful as I was for them at those times, they are no longer in my life and this post is about being grateful for who I have in my life right now.

People will always come and go in our lives and it hurts when they leave, no matter how they leave but you will get through those times. Always remember that.








No comments:

Post a Comment