Wednesday 20 June 2018

Current TBR pile(s)

I have absolutely no control with books, because of this I have piles of books dotted around my room (as well as on my book shelves) that I haven’t read yet. I constantly try to put myself on a book buying ban so I can catch up on reading, but it’s a hopeless cause.

I thought I’d share my current ‘to be read’ pile with you, I’ll give you fair warning, there's a lot....

I have three main piles scattered around my bedroom, so the first pile is my 'To read before YALC'. This is the authors I'm hoping to meet at YALC (in 36 days). I've already made a dent in the overall YALC TBR, so the ones I've already read are sitting nice and comfortable on my bookshelves. As I'm typing this I've just realised that the Smoke Thieves should be in one of the other piles, as I've actually already met Sally and got the book signed. Floored will also be added to this pile once my pre-order arrives in a few weeks.


The second pile is my 'first in a series'; some of these I already have the other books in the series (ACOTAR for one). The Secret Circle was actually recommended to me by Olivia (and I recommended The Edge of Everything to her) I loved the TV show and I'm still bitter that it was cancelled after one series, so this is my way of reconnecting with those characters.



The final pile is for all my standalone books and firsts in a series, where I don't have any of the other books yet. Most of these have been from the 2 for £7 deals in Asda and Tesco. I don't think I've gone in one of those stores in the last few months without looking at the books, because you never know when they're get new books in stock.



     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playlist for writing this post (also a way of you seeing how much procrastinating I do) - this was my Spotify shuffling all songs...

  • Body Like a Back Road by Sam Hunt
  • Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
  • Everybody by Don Broco
  • Bad Frequencies by Hawthorne Heights
  • Cartwheels by Ward Thomas
  • Ohio is for Lovers by Hawthorne Heights
  • Your Man by Josh Turner
  • Crystal Ball by State Champs
  • All Time Low by Jon Bellion
  • Wanted by Hunter Hayes





No comments:

Post a Comment