Thursday 25 August 2016

Slam Dunk Festival North 2016

So me and Katie enjoyed year's Slam Dunk North so much that we decided to do it again this year. Last year it was my birthday present from her, this year I returned the favour (we're literally the best)
Also I was to pre-warn you that some of the pictures were saved from my Snapchat story, as you will probably notice anyway.


The day started out with having my hair done by Katie and my make up done by Victoria (I have the best friends) 

          

Once we were ready we made our way to exchange our tickets for wristbands then met up with some friends for food and drinks in the Stick & Twist. I got ridiculously happy that the wristbands were pink and matched my hair colour. Plus the Stick & Twist is one of my favourite pubs ever.





Then we headed down to the stages and our day of amazing music began. But obviously had to get a selfie first *insert sassy girl emoji here*


First off we went to the main stage where Young Guns were playing, I've lost count how many times we've actually seen this band live, they are incredible..... It helps that they're beautiful to look at too. Then straight after them Mayday Parade took the stage, third time seeing them and still amazing.


Then me and Katie decided we had to try and meet Issues at the signing tent. Last year's signing tent was a heartbreaking moment for us when You Me At Six cut their signing short when there were only 15 people left (us included). But we braved the queue, met some lovely girls from Wales who gave us the coolest pieces of pizza paper to get signed and then, thank heavens, we were finally the front of the queue and success!!!! We met the guys from Issues.

 


After the signing and calming down from meeting the band we headed out of the festival for a bit, we had nearly 2 hours until the next band we wanted to see so we headed back into town, bought new clothes, changed into them at the hotel, had some food then headed back refreshed and ready for more musical goodness. We headed straight back to the main stage in time for Mallory Knox who I have waited about 3 years to see live and oh boy was it worth it, they were pure perfection and I'm even more in love with them than I was before. Although Mikey Chapman did tease about some new stuff they've been writing and recording, then didn't actually play any teasers for us (cheeky little bugger). We also bumped into Tom who we hadn't seen since the pub and realised that we were all wearing grey coloured shirts, so obviously we became the Grey Top Squad (last year we were the Checkered Shirt Squad - I swear its not planned, we just all think alike)



After Mallory Knox we stayed at the main stage for New Found Glory, they were a band I remember well from my teenage years and was so excited to see them after all these years, unfortunately they had some technical issues and it ruined the set for me and Katie so we decided to leave early and head to the Atlas Stage in time for Issues who absolutely smashed it as always.


After that there was only one reason to stay and that is the beauty of Panic At The Disco, the beautiful, fantastic, perfect Brendon Urie. He did not disappoint in any way, shape or form. We had quite a wait for PATD to start so we found Chase, Enoch and Tom and did what we do best.... take selfies.

 



Then their set started and we sang and danced our hearts and feet out to an amazing setlist, whilst still taking selfies. Plus Katie spotted a certain young man called Dani Winter-Bates who we've actually met a few times at festivals, so it was only right we got a selfie with him. 





We were also going to go to the after party but when we got back to the hotel we all just decided we wanted food and our beds so we opted out of the after party.

The only thing I don't like about Leeds is leaving it but unfortunately we had to leave the next day, it was a sad time.... made even worse by not managing to get seats next to each other for the first half of the coach journey, plus the dreaded post-gig/festival blues. All totally worth it though and next year we're planning on going to more than one of the cities so we don't have to miss acts due to clashes.

The acts I did see this year were beyond amazing but I am gutted I missed out on seeing Yellowcard, The King Blues, As It Is, With Confidence and Bethan Leadley.

Until next year Slam Dunk.









No comments:

Post a Comment