Wednesday 18 July 2018

Mid-year Goodreads challenge update

It's actually a little past mid way through the year and I should have done this a few weeks ago but I lost track of time. Can you believe that it's already nearly August!

Link to my Goodreads, feel free to add me:
https://www.goodreads.com/thebeccafowell


At the beginning of the year I set my Goodreads challenge as 40 books, I obviously highly underestimated my reading abilities. By the end of May I was already on book number 30 so I changed by challenge to 50 (I honestly don't know why I only increased it by 10 books. So by book number 39 when I realised I was easily going to surpass my 50 book challenge, I changed it again to 70. Even though 70 is still probably easily achievable before the end of the year, I know I have a few weeks away in this second half of the year where I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done.

I still find it hard to believe I've already read so many books this year, my aim is to get through all the books currently on my TBR, although i think we all know that won't happen, because I'm just going to keep adding to the list. 

This year I've discovered buddy reading which before January I had never heard of, and now I have, I absolutely love it. From January to July I have buddy read 11 books with my amazing book club, re-read 4 books (the first four Mortal Instruments), read and reviewed 5 ARCS (I'm currently reading my sixth) and discovered my new favourite book (that one goes to you Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda).

I currently have 161 books left on my TBR (on Goodreads) but not all the sequels are included in that, there's also a lot of books I want to read that aren't on my Goodreads to read yet. We shall see at the end of the year how I get on with the rest of my challenge, but without meaning to brag I'll definitely reach my 70 books by December.

     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playlist for writing this post - this was the Spotify 'Daily Mix 2' playlist...
  • History by One Direction
  • Bedroom Floor by Liam Payne
  • I Found A Girl by The Vamps
  • Heat by Kelly Clarkson 
  • Why Won't You Love Me by 5 Seconds of Summer
  • Pillowtalk by Zayn Malik
  • Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne
  • Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani
  • Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato
  • Back to You by Louis Tomlinson (ft. Bebe Rexha)
  • Slow Hands by Niall Horan



No comments:

Post a Comment