Wednesday 25 July 2018

YALC Preparations

I can safely say I have never read so many books in such a small amount of time but YALC has given me the motivational (and sometimes stressful) kick up the butt. I have read 15 books in preparation to meet the authors at the three day YALC weekend and the only thing I regret is having to drop 4 books from the TBR because I ran out of time.

So lets go through the list of books I've read in time to get signed this weekend




So before authors had actually been announced I had already read; Beautiful Broken Things (Sara Barnard), Christmasaurus (Tom Fletcher), The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet (Becky Chambers), Children of Blood and Bone (Tomi Adeyemi) and State of Sorrow (Melinda Salisbury).


On to the books I specifically read before YALC, I managed to read; Eve of Man (Giovanna and Tom Fletcher), The Mermaid (Christina Henry), Goodbye Perfect (Sara Barnard), It Only Happens In The Movies (Holly Bourne), Lost Boy (Christina Henry), Floored (Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood), A Closed and Common Orbit (Becky Chambers), Alice (Christina Henry), The Island (M.A. Bennett) and Rebel of the Sands (Alwyn Hamilton) - Some of the books are missing as I lent them to my friend who is also coming YALC



Unfortunately I did not manage to read To Kill A Kingdom (Alexandra Christo), Red Queen (Christina Henry), The Creakers (Tom Fletcher), S.T.A.G.S (M.A. Bennett), A Bad Boy Stole My Bra (Lauren Price) and Gilded Cage (Vic James). I will still be taking these to get them signed, and they are top of my TBR after the YALC weekend - again some of the books are missing as I lent them to my friend who is also coming YALC


I'm aiming for a post next week where I will do a haul of everything I manage to get my hands on at LFCC and YALC. I will also be sharing pictures with you all of my cosplay for the Friday and Sunday and I'm so excited for my first cosplay.

If you are heading to YALC or LFCC this weekend and see me, feel free to come and say hi :)



No comments:

Post a Comment