Wednesday 20 January 2016

Everyday make-up

So I thought I'd make my first blog post of the new year on my 'everyday' make-up. Now obviously I don't wear this every single day because if I'm not leaving my house (with the exception of when I'm filming for my YouTube) then I give my skin a break from make-up.

So I start off with a moisturiser and I have two different ones I alternate between using. The first is the Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream. This has been a product I've continuously bought and used over the past 3 or 4 years and I swear by it. The second is a fairly recent purchase and it isn't as generally stocked in your local stores. It's the Forever Aloe Moisturizing Lotion, it is an amazing moisturiser and a really good base before foundation is applied. 

Once I have the base on I put my liquid foundation on, I use Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude SPF25 in colour 100 Ivory. I previously used the red top packaging of this brand but I found it made my skin look flaky so I switched to this formulation and no longer have this problem. I then use the Make Up Revolution Matte Effect Cover & Conceal in colour MC02 Fair, I only actually use this under my eyes but it stops me looking as tired as I am so it's perfect. I then complete the foundation process with the MUA Pro-Base pressed powder in colour Ivory.
      


For cheeks I use the Make Up Revolution Matte Blush in colour Divine to add a little colour. Then because I'm a girl who loves a bit of shimmer I add some highlight on top of the blush, for this I use Make Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in colour Pink Lights.

For my eyes I use the MUA Intense Glitter pencil in Starry Night on the lash line then I use one of two different liquid eye liners. For thicker lines I use Rimmel Scandaleyes Jumbo Liquid Eyeliner in Black 001 and for thinner, more precise lines I use the MUA Wet Look Eyeliner in Black.

Most days for work I tend to just use eye liner but some days if I'm feeling particularly awake I'll put on some eye shadow too. I always start with my eye primer and I currently use the NYC City Proof Base Pour eye primer. For the eye colour I tend to change which palette I use quite regularly, as I write this blog post I have only been using two palettes; the I Heart Makeup Salted Caramel palette and the Make Up Revolution Iconic Smokey palette. If you watched my Youtube video 'Shopping Haul' you will understand how excited I was about finally managing to buy these. In the Salted Caramel I mainly use the browns and golds but in the Iconic Smokey I mainly use the silvers and greys. I finish off the eye section of my make up with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Xtreme mascara in colour Extreme Black 003, I tend to only use it on my top lashes for my everyday make up.





For lips I always start with a lip balm as a base and I swear by the Forever Aloe Lips with Jojoba. I get really dry and chapped lips especially in the cold weather and this is literally the best lip balm I have ever used, and it works as a good base for my lips before my lipstick. Then for colour I have one of three different lipsticks I use on a daily basis; my nude colour is a MUA Matte lipstick in Totally Nude, my peachy colour is a Make Up Revolution lipstick in Luscious and my red is the Make Up Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer in Keep Trying For You.

To finish off the daily look I just spritz my face with the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray and the look is complete.

If you have any recommendations for any other brands or specific products you think I might like then leave me a comment and I'll check them out :)





No comments:

Post a Comment