Friday 15 December 2017

11 Ways To Feel Festive This Season

So I know not everyone finds it as easy as I do to get into the Christmas spirit so here’s 11 things I do to keep my Christmas spirits high (it was going to be 10 things but I thought of an 11th whilst typing). 



1) Christmas movies are my favourite thing, I watch as many as I can every year and Elf is always watched multiple times through December. I never watch as many as I’d like so this year I decided to do a Christmas Movie Advent, I did a post about that here 


2) Christmas music is something I will happily listen to all year round but the headphones stay firmly on until November 1st, then after that if you’re in the same room as me you just got to deal with it cause those headphones are off and the speakers loud.

3) Mulled Wine is a must over the Christmas season, and if you’re like me and dont want to spend too much money on bottles of the stuff, then head over to Iceland as they have one that is only £3.59 per bottle and it’s my favourite, it tastes absolutely amazing!

4) Mince Pies are something I eat far too many of over the Christmas season, good thing no one in their right mind would attempt a diet or healthy eating over Christmas. I especially like making my own mince pies, I don’t usually brag about my baking but I make the best mince pies.

5) Decorations - now most houses have one main tree in their front room and that’s it, but the Fowell family don’t do things by halves. No, we have one main tree and four small trees in the front room as well as two trees in my bedroom (one of which is an advent tree which is as old as me) plus we have tinsel around all the frames on the wall and ornaments galore. My house always looks like Christmas has thrown up on it inside. We keep it simple on the outside with just a wreath on the door, next year though I’m thinking of getting some fairy lights for out front.

6) Advent calendars - every year since I can remember I’ve had an advent calendar, because December isn’t December without a piece of cheap chocolate a day. Last year I also go myself the Tanya Burr beauty advent calendar and I loved it, but this year I’m just sticking to my chocolate one. I also have my advent tree where I put a different decoration on each day. 

7) Baileys in coffee is something I’ve been having since I was about 17/18, we have it with our breakfast on Christmas Day (because that’s the only day of the year it’s acceptable to drink alcohol before lunch) but we also have it some evenings with coffee or hot chocolate throughout the month too.

8) Christmas presents - I absolutely love buying and wrapping the Christmas presents. I tend to start buying them in July (I have a lot of people to buy for and I like to be organised) but I don’t wrap them until beginning/middle of December. I have a tradition for wrapping presents where I watch Elf and The Grinch and drink mulled wine whilst I wrap the main bulk of the presents.

9) Gingerbread and cinnamon are my favourite two scents which always remind me of Christmas, whether it be candles or cookies or lip balm. The smell always makes me feel Christmassy and I’m always burning a candle with that scent in the festive months. 

10) Stationary is a weird one but I find using novelty festive pens always makes me get in the Christmas spirit. Last year I bought a Christmas tree pen with had little jingle bells on, within second aid starting to write with it I regretted it because the jingling is the most annoying thing ever. This rah Victoria bought me a new (silent) pen with a little reindeer topper, I’ve been using it in work and I absolutely love it. 

11) Christmas jumpers!!! You literally cannot go wrong with a Christmas jumper (or top). I have cute ones, funny ones, band related ones and not to mention my favourite which actually lights up! Unfortunately I don’t get the opportunity to wear jumpers as much as I used to because I just get too hot in them but sometimes I just power through and deal with it for the sake of Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment