Monday 20 March 2017

Feminist Vs. Feminazi - Learn the difference

So I have noticed more and more lately the term 'Feminazi' is being used to describe every feminist and to be quite honest I am sick and tired of it. 

I am a Feminist. I am not a Feminazi.


There is a big difference between the two - Feminists (like myself) want women to be treated equally to men, whereas Feminazis think women are better than men. We are not better than men, just like men are not better than women. The world needs to stop bringing others down for things they cannot help like gender, sexuality, race, religion, the list goes on.

But the main reason I'm posting this now is because I had somewhat of a disagreement with one of my male friends for calling him out on how he acted where women were concerned and essentially he labelled me as a Feminazi without actually saying the word. He accused me of 'slagging off men' and that he was bored of it. What he sees as me 'slagging off men' is actually me saying how sick I am of seeing how women are treated (Although according to him, apparently men are oppressed, let's all laugh together)

I want to make very clear here (like I made clear to my friend) that my thoughts on this are NOT directed at all men, they are in fact only directed at the men who act this way.

Now, men like my dear friend here, degrade women. Women are more than just a 'Cor I would' we are human beings and quite frankly I've never met a woman who walks around checking out every man she says and professing how 'she would'. We are people not objects. We have personalities, we have interests and hobbies, we have talents. We are not there to be your eye candy and we are certainly not there for your sexual pleasure. The problem with these men is that they wonder why they are single and cannot have a successful relationship with a woman,well fellas... this is why. 

These men need to learn that we deserve respect and that women, myself included, will not give you any respect if you don't respect them. Perfect example of what parents teach their children; Treat others how you would like to be treated. I'd like to repeat my earlier comment that I am not directing this at all men, in fact I have many male friends who are a credit to mankind and are the nicest, most respecting people. Those men are also feminists, because feminism is not just for women, feminism is for anyone who believes that women should be treated equally to men.

The world needs to stop punishing women for things men would not be punished for. Women need to stop being looked down on for things men are praised for doing. Women in today's society need to be respected just as much as men are. Why has it ever been seen as okay to respect a person based on their gender and not their actions and opinions? These men need to learn that women are finally finding their voice and defending our rights and these men need to learn that when this happens its not okay to try to bring them down. These men need to realise that just because 'women have the right to vote' it does not mean women are now equal to men, it was just a step in a long, and extremely slow battle for women to be treated the same as men.

Women, be proud and say it loud and do not let anyone, especially not a man, tell you to shut up or be quiet!








No comments:

Post a Comment