Tuesday 21 March 2017

Battle of the Make Up Brands

So I only posted yesterday, however I needed to share this rant with you all, so I apologise for posting two days in a row. 


If you pay attention to the world of beauty and make up products then you would have probably seen a couple of articles and posts lately slating Make Up Revolution for 'copying' more high end brands like CT and Kat Von D and really, it's got to stop. Everybody gets inspiration from somewhere and to be brutally honest if you look at some of CT's lipstick packaging it looks almost identical to an Estée Lauder range.... but they're both high end brands so apparently that's okay?

I really could not care less if people don't like Make Up Revolution products, HOWEVER, you not liking the products does not give you the right to slate the brand in general, or personally slate people that do like the brand. Today I saw a vile excuse for a human (who is apparently so far up Kat Von D's arse she thinks it gives her the right to be a dick) bullying people on one of MUR's Instagram posts. They defended their opinions and because she didn't agree with them she was insulting their looks and their talent with make up, which in MY opinion was a hell of a lot better than hers. What happened to people building each other up and not knocking them down?

I've also seen a lot of people say that Kat Von D's make up shouldn't be duped by a budget brand because, and I quote, 'Kat Von D's make up isn't even expensive'. If her products aren't expensive for you than good for you that you have that kind of disposable income, but not everyone can afford say £35 on a foundation that's not even gonna last you a month of everyday wear. 

I've also seen people say 'you pay for quality, so if you pay £5 then that's what you're getting' WRONG! 
I have trouble finding make up products that agree with my skin so to find a whole brand whose products not only cooperate with my skin but are in MY personal price range is amazing. There has always been a few Kat Von D lipsticks that I've wanted to try, but after her immature and unnecessary Instagram post accusing MUR of straight out copying her, I'll never be buying any of her products. Although I did find some of the comments from her actual fans funny, as she has just given them an affordable dupe of her palette, that some of them will now buy instead of the one with her name on.

So who cares if one brand has packaging or colours similar or identical to another brand? No one should care, everyone has different price ranges and preferences so stop with the hate and the nasty comments. As my friend has said many times - brands need to stop dragging real brands like MUR who make products that are safe and focus on people selling fakes that are going to cause actual damage to people's skin

Long live Make Up Revolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment