Wednesday 4 July 2018

June Favourites 2018

It's that time of the month again where I share with you all a list of my favourite things (in general) that I’ve discovered in the month of June.
Books
As almost always I can't just pick one book for my favourites. This month goes to War Storm by Victoria Aveyard (review here) and Goodbye, Perfect by Sara Barnard. I absolutely loved both of these books and I highly recommend them, I already recommended the entire Red Queen series to a few people.


Films
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom for this month, because when a Jurassic Park/World film comes out, no other film is beating it to my favourites. This film was incredible; I laughed, I cried and I got ridiculously excited when Jeff Goldblum was on the screen.


TV shows
So I finally finished season two of Riverdale and wow what an ending. It took me almost two months to watch the last 4 episodes because I've been focusing more on reading than watching TV, but I'm glad I finally caught up... and now I need season three.


Music
State Champs are appearing it quite a lot lately, but they just released a new album called Living Proof and its bloody amazing (plus my amazing best friend bought us tickets to see them in October and I cannot wait)




Make Up
Back with make up this month... I'm one of those poor, unfortunate souls who always has a really shiny face, usually I don't really bother trying to cover it up. However, after seeing my pictures from LFCC last year I realised I don't want a repeat of shiny face in my pictures this year. My skin is terrible for finding products that don't make my skin all flaky, plus I'm limited because I don't use products by brands that test on animals, it's a mission to find one. I kind of took a chance when I bought the Elf Finishing Powder, it wasn't expensive so if it didn't work for me then I wasn't going to be wasting a lot of money, but I'm happy to report this powder is AMAZING!


Everyday items
I have three everyday items this month. First up is my Tom Tom activity tracker, I've finally got proper motivation for working out so I decided now was as good a time as any to get a fitness tracker so that I can properly monitor steps/heart rate/calories burned, etc. This one was originally £79 on Argos, I was lucky enough to grab it on sale at £59 and I even got a spare strap included. Second is my Mad Hatter mug from the new Cath Kidston x Alice in Wonderland collection. Mad Hatter has always been my favourite from Alice and I was a little disappointed there wasn't more of Hatter featured in this collection, but I think my bank account is quite happy with just a mug. Lastly, is the first of many book sleeves I will own. This one was an item in the May Fairyloot box and I am completely in love, since getting this sleeve I've actually bought another, but that will likely be in my July favourites.



     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playlist for writing this post (this is probably one of the quickest posts I've written) - this was my Spotify Daily Mix 2...


  • Newport Living by Cute Is What We Aim For
  • Archers by With Confidence
  • 1985 by Bowling For Soup
  • Just the Girl by The Click Five
  • Coffee Talk by Broadside
  • All or Nothing by State Champs
  • Goodnight Moon by Go Radio
  • Kelsey by Metro Station
  • Teenagers by My Chemical Romance





No comments:

Post a Comment