Sunday 3 June 2018

REVIEW! Ascension by Victor Dixen

I would like to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC for Ascension by Victor Dixen

I really liked the sound of this book when I saw it available for request, and I’m so glad I was given an ARC for this because wow. 


My Rating: ★★★★

So the blurb for this book (taken from Goodreads) is:
Six girls, six boys. Each in the two separate bays of a single spaceship. They have six minutes each week to seduce and to make their choices, under the unblinking eye of the on-board cameras. They are the contenders in the Genesis programme, the world's craziest speed-dating show ever, aimed at creating the first human colony on Mars.

Leonor, an 18 year old orphan, is one of the chosen ones.
She has signed up for glory.
She has signed up for love.
She has signed up for a one-way ticket.
Even if the dream turns to a nightmare, it is too late for regrets


I absolutely loved the idea for this; speed-dating in space on a one-way ride to Mars, fighting for each other's affections over the other 5 girls/guys - all whilst the whole world watches. It's so true to our reality now where people can't seem to do anything without it being all on camera and airing on TV (yes I'm looking at you Love Island, Ex on the Beach, etc.) So this is the first book in a series, I'm so glad this is not a standalone as the first book was left on a complete cliffhanger and the suspense throughout the second half of this story was unreal. Who will marry who? When will the twelve find out about the Noah Report? How will their mission to Mars pan out?

I found this so easy to read and it only actually took me a couple of days to read (on the train to work and during my lunch hours) The last few months I've got more into reading sci-fi books so that, plus the fact this is written in a way that makes it so easy to get hooked meant this was a perfect read. I highly recommend this and I can't wait for the physical book to be released as I will be buying this.









No comments:

Post a Comment